Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Field Day 2013

I remember Field Day being one of my favorite days of the year when I was in elementary school. One of the coolest things about having kids is that you get to relive all the fun (and to keep it real - some not so fun) moments of childhood, but through the eyes of a parent.

This was actually Dylan's first real Field Day. In Kindergarten, it got rained out and in 1st grade we had to keep him home because of asthma. To say he was excited was an understatement.


 


I think he had a smile on his face from the moment his class walked outside to the moment the last whistle blew.





I volunteered to help, so London Loud came with me and got to participate with the big kids. She was so excited you would have thought we were at Disney World. 
 
 

At one station the kids were really encouraged to cheer for their team. So I taught them a few cheers that I remembered from camp, like "We've got spirit yes we do... we've got spirit.. how about you!?"  The kids were all  really into it! It was so fun!
 


It was so fun to watch all of the kids playing the games. They were all smiles. There is something special about the pure joy of a child. 
 


A couple of the games were maybe too big for London, but she wouldn't have that. She did every single thing the big kids did. She's a mess, that one! 
 
Dylan even made sure she got a popsicle at the end. He's the best big brother!



post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment