Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Dance, Dance Baby!

London has been a dancing queen this year! She LOVES to dance. Anytime the intro song to her favorite Disney channel shows come on, she jumps up and dances her heart out. And she loves her dance classes. She took two days a week this year. We added Hip Hop to the mix and its safe to say that was her favorite.

Can you believe how grown up she looks?


Miss Priss


I took all my pictures at dress rehearsal. The same rehearsal in which I forgot her hip hop shoes. So please ignore the fact that she is in ballet shoes for her hip hop number. I'm sure it doesn't bother you nearly as much as it bothers me. 
 
 
 
During the actual recital, the audience would burst into cheers when something cute and exciting happened and when special tricks (is that what they are called?) were performed. Several times during the little girl's hiphop number the crowd would get excited and every time I would tear up and get chills because London's face would just light up. Her ballet number was precious and got lots of cheers too.

She loves dance class itself but ask all year long "When can I get on the stage?".  What can I say... like mother, like daughter.

 
 
 

How cool does this guy look?


Since he was already having to hand around the studio and there was already a boys hip hop class at the same time as London's class, Dylan decided he would try it out. Daniel and I thought it would be great for him. I think dancing helps develop so many skills, from confidence to motor. It was indeed great for him and it turns out that this dude has some pretty sweet moves. 


And we already knew it, but this sweet little apple doesn't fall from his mommy's stage lovin' tree either. 


I had chills from the moment he took the stage until the number was over. Everyone LOVED the boys' number and went on and on about how cute Dylan was. 
 
Between the two of them, they danced in three numbers. I bought the DVD and can't wait for it to come in. I know they will watch it over and over and over and over. Luckily, all of their dances were in the first half and we were able to hug and kiss them and shower them with treats during intermission.


Daniel is the biggest teddy bear when it comes to this little girl. 
 
 


Grammy gave them cute cups filled with treats. 


I didn't know what to get Dylan. Girls are easy, you give them flowers! But what do you get a boy!? So I made them both candy bouquets. Thank the Lord for Pinterest! 
 
 
 

It was a great dance year and awesome recital. I pinched myself several times during the day because I felt so blessed. I've always dreamt of having a little girl and going to her recital. And I've always dreamt of having a boy that is super cool and isn't afraid to try anything. I can't believe these two kids are mine and they are so much better than anything I ever dreamt of. 

We already can't wait until the next recital..




post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment