Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wednesday: Family Pictures and Momma Ree's

All of us kids live at least 10 hours away from Daniel's parents. So us all being together is something that is not always guaranteed or easy. Anytime it works out to happen though, Daniel's mom wants a full group picture. Understandably. And ya'll know that no one has to pull my leg to get my camera out. In the past we've gone into a studio, but this year I suggested we just do it in their back yard. I mean, what better back drop? Next year I think I'll hire someone to come shoot for us as our gift to the family, but for this year here is what I snapped:




My SIL, Lorie, took these (thanks!):






Then, we ALL packed up and piled into our cars and drove to our Momma Ree's house.
I'm ashamed to admit, but we don't always make it to her house, but I'm so glad that we all did this time. We had so much fun and made some fun memories.
I'm not sure who initiated it, but somehow we were all out in the back yard playing freeze tag. I mean, how fun is that!? Then, I looked over and had a brief moment of panic because London was not in the back yard. But then I noticed that neither was Momma Ree. So, I just looked around to the front of the house, and their they were, picking up pecans. London is still talking about picking up pecans and eating them. I use to do the same thing with my grandmother when I was a little girl and seeing the two of them threw me right onto memory lain and may have even brought a tear or two to my eyes.

We had our gift exchange with Momma Ree after that.
Her house was decorated so cute for Christmas.












I love the picture below. This is four generations of woman. Beautiful.



We so enjoyed our time at Momma Ree's. I think we made memories that the kids will never forget. We can't wait to go back again.


post signature

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment