Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve with the Fam

We hosted Christmas Eve lunch our at house for my Brother and his family and our mom.
Yes, we drove 12 hours home and got in at 3:30 am on Friday, the day before.
No, I did not have groceries bought.
Yes, I did learn a lesson.
Once preparations (i.e. surviving the grocery store on December 23) were made,
everything else was actually very smooth sailing.
My big brother and the fam came over Saturday morning and everyone lent a hand in getting things ready. Then we sat down and enjoyed a yummy lunch and fabulous company.




My brother always makes fun me for taking food pictures.
The food each year is part of the memories though.
(You only think I'm joking.)







Then we did what the kids (big and little) like best...
GIFT OPENING!
First, I made them all sit still in front of the tree for a picture
(so mean!).
The picture bellow makes me laugh so hard. It is PURE sass from sister.
Lordy be.





My mom surprised my nephew with a Kindle Fire, and his reaction was amazing. I wish we had been recording it. He really did not see the gift coming.

And this, my friends, is my brother out gifting me.
He made my mom a beautiful photo book.
It doesn't even matter what I bought her,
a gift from the heart -that is beautiful to boot?
Game over. Bubba wins.










This picture makes me smile too.
London was literally dancing with joy when she opened
this present. It was a "bike with no wheels" aka Fisher Price Smart Cycle
that she had been talking about all month.

And I mean...
look at her face when the doll house was opened.
I think I'm as excited about that one as she is.


And then it was time for our annual family picture...






I think this was one of the most relaxed and enjoyable Christmas Eve's yet.



post signature

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment