Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sunshine on a Rainy Day

Today was rainy, damp, dark and just gross. Well, it was outside. Inside, it was full of *early* spring cleaning (my closet looks bananas good!!!), laughing, playing, naps, tickles, giggles, and long bath times. My two little rays of sunshine made it a bright and fun day for us. Daniel had to work late, so that was stinky, but when he got home we piled up in bed and cuddled with the kiddie poos. London had been asleep but woke up when Daniel came in and wouldn't go back to bed, so we let her and Dylan lay with us. I was amazed at how still they were. I soooo enjoyed the time together as a little family. I have been waiting for the day London would lay in bed and cuddle us. *smile* Just a bit ago, I decided that she was about to drift off, and as much as I was loving cuddle time, I thought it would be best if she fell asleep in her own bed. So, Daniel got up to move her and Dylan wanted know if he could lay in her crib with her. I wasn't sure if it was a great idea for actually going to sleep, but it was too sweet of him to want to, so we agreed to it. I stressed to him how important it was for them to be quiet and really go to sleep. I went to check on them, and they were cuddled up to each other sharing a pillow and blanket not saying a word. It was one of the sweetest moments I've ever seen them share. And if though its night time, that was more sunshine to my heart than I could even explain!

And because everyone could use a little sunshine



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment