Thursday, June 16, 2011

The one thing that stinks about living in Texas?
Being so far away from most of our family.
On the off chance that you don't know (you most likely do though, if you are reading my blog)
Daniel and I were both born and raised in good'ole
M-i-s-s-i-s-s-i-p-p-i.
Yes, I feel the need to spell it out everytime I say it. Wierd, I know. Maybe its stems from when we first moved here and people would say to me, "Where are you from with that accent?" And I would tell them "Miss'sippi" and they would say "Oh! Can you spell that!?" Swear. This happened more than a few times. I'm not sure if they themselves were curious on the spelling of my great State.....or they thought I was a hillbilly and wondered if I could spell?
Being away from "home" and most of our family is hard
and we all get "homesick" from time to time.
But last week, we got to have our cake and eat it too.
Or pie. Because good Southerners love them some pie.
Or maybe its a redvelvet cake, another staple of any good Southern Holiday desert table.
(Sorry, I don't know why I can't focus)
We got to stay put here in Texas and Mississippi came to us!!
Well, two of the best part of Mississippi did anyways!

Memom and Umpa came to visit!
The kids have been counting down since mid-May and I think they would tell you it was worth the wait! Memom and Umpa's visit was laid back and tons of fun... perfection!

They arrived at Case De Hilburn Wednesday night around supper time. Wednesday night, Daniel and I ran to the church with Dylan for a quick meeting and M&U got some good Lou Lou (this is Memom's nickname for London) time in!

Thursday we woke up (duh) and had an easy, laid back morning. Then we headed to the kids favorite park. Sadly, London tinkled on herself within five minutes of us being there. So we came home. Oh well! Life happens.

Once getting Lou Lou in some dry clothes (and cleaning her, of course) we packed a picnic and headed to our other favorite park... the SPLASH park!
The weather was pretty much perfection...
and the company wasn't too bad either.


After an hour or so of watching the kidos splish and splash, we headed to our favorite yogart shop. We though it would be a fun treat for M&U and we thought it would be something new for them, but turn out Mississippi is on its game and they have one too! Go Miss'sippi! Swear... It always felt like they were years behind "trends" when I was there, but guess not!



Friday we woke up again (I know, I'm blowing your mind!) and did a bunch of nothing.
I had asked everyone if they had something they wanted to do, but we all concluded that it would be nice to just sit around, visit, and take it easy.
This was most likely a very welcomed break since my brother in law worked poor M&U to death while they were staying with him. Totally kidding, brother in law. But it is funny.
This was extremely nice until we started going a little stir crazy.
By we I'm not sure if I mean everyone. It could have just been me.
Either way, its safe to say everyone was excited when I decided it was time to get it together and go do something fun.

Bowling won the bid from our "something fun to do" list.


Not sure who had more fun...
The kids or the adults.

It is so fun to watch M&U inaction with our little sprouts
They are fantastic grandparents!

We love them and enjoyed their visit so much!



Now the count down begins until July when we visit them
at Case De Hilburn Sr. haha!


post signature

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment