Thursday, June 2, 2011

Last Day of the First Year

Today was the last day of Dylan's first year of elementary school!


My sweet boy graduated from Kindergarten to First Grade, where as he puts it "is the first REAL grade in school..." and we could not have been more proud of him!

I have to admit, I didn't count on being so emotional this morning, but the ooie-gooey-mommy-mushies really got the better of me throughout the morning. We began the day with a celebration breakfast at our local donut shop, because everyone knows donuts are the breakfast of champions (and my sprout is surely a champion!) and because this is where we ate to celebrate the last day of preschool last year and I am very sappy like that.

Then, all three of us, Daniel, London and me, walked our big guy in for his big day. I got a little misty when I saw Ms. Erwin and even more so when I asked her a picture with Dylan.
Before school started this past year, I prayed to the Lord that he would give Dylan the right teacher and the right kids in his class to be friends with. The Lord listened and blessed us with Ms Erwin and an amazing group of kids in his class (I've already begun praying for next year!) !
Ms Erwin was a dream teacher for Dylan, caring and patient, gentle yet firm. She was exactly what he needed in a Kindergarten teacher. It has not gone unnoticed to me that this woman spent as much time with my son as I did this past year. I mean, thats a big deal. I'm beyond grateful that she was so great and trust worthy and that it was time that I was comfortable with Dylan spending.

I watched as Dylan put away his bag into his little cubby. It was second nature to him, this classroom is his own space and he knows it so well! And then I remembered the first of the year, my little guy very unsure of this new place and new responsibilities, slightly nervous but so very excited. My heart just melts. He has grown so, so much this past year. Physically. Emotionally. Academically. Spiritually. In every way I can think of. Dylan has grown so much.
We are so proud that our hearts could just burst!


Dylan,
You are a little rock star, Buddy.
Daddy, Mommy, and London couldn't be more proud of you if we tried!


post signature

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment