Sunday, August 22, 2010

Meet the Teacher-Kindergarten- 2010

I say this every time the subject is brought up, but I can not believe my little boy is old enough for kindergarten. Wow. I swear to you that it feels like just yesterday, he was a newborn laying on my chest. This mama is having some serrious growing pains watching my babe start this big, new adventure. But even with the awful growing pains, I am so excited for my little man! He is going to LOVE kindergarten. I know he will just bloom this year. I can't wait to watch him grow and learn all kinds of new things!

And this past Friday we officially began the journey of elementary school at Meet the Teacher night. Dylan was a big ball of excitement and I was a big ball of nerves (I have a feeling this is how it will be on the big day also!) as we pulled into the parking lot. The whole place was jam packed. We had to park way off, and walk up a huge hill, which turned out to be a blessing because it was a nice time to chat with Dylan and calm the nerves of both of us. Thank the Lord London's stroller was in the car though!


The first thing that we did was find the Kindergarten Board in the hall way. There were list of teachers and class rosters lining the big board. You just had to walk down the hall looking at the names on the list until your students name is found. It was pretty exciting for Dylan. As soon as I saw his name, I told him his teacher was going to be Mrs. Erwin. Then I noticed two of his friends names on the list. When I told him that he was going to have his to buddies in class with him, he literally did a little happy dance in the hall way.
The class room was so packed when we got there that you could barely move around. Everyone was trying to say "Hi" to the teacher, sign up for this and that, and catch up with friends. The chaos only last about 5 minutes, and then it seems like the whole crowd left all at once. We were the last ones left, so we were able to get a little one-on-one time with Ms. Erwin. She seems so sweet and she reminded me a lot of Mrs. Hammond, Dylan PreK4 teacher, whom was his favorite teacher ever! I feel great about him being in her class!
We saw lots of friends in the hallways, and I think that made Dylan feel much more "at home."

For the past week he has been asking me if he would get to meet the principal, Of course, I wasn't sure if he would or not, so I had to give him the good ole "We'll see." Well, as we were heading out, one of the staff members stopped Dylan to see if was excited and chit chat a bit about kindergarten. Dylan was just chatting away and being pretty adorable when the staff member said how glad she was that he was there and told him that her name was Mrs. Lyles and that she was the principal. His eyes were as wide as the sky! He said "Oh! Mrs. Principal! I'm going to be good every day! I promise!" Everyone around was giggling and smiling at how cute he was. And, of course, I was beaming that my little guy got to meet the principal and made a great first impression!

Tomorrow is the big day! Dylan is fast a sleep and can not wait!




post signature

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment