Sunday, May 2, 2010

Life Lately

I just had to take a deep breath before starting this post. Its been a LONG time (for me) since I last post, and when I go so long with out a post I feel this anxiety that it would take me FOR.EV.ER to catch up on all the latest happenings. This anxiety cause me to "wait until tomorrow when I have more time" for days and days. *Sigh* Lesson learned? To be more faithful about posting every week day, as to not let it "build up" on me. Okay. Learned my lesson. Moving on.

So, or life lately... its been wonderful. Its beens been full of Tball, park trips, bubble blowing, toddler singing, book reading, learning to read, starting to potty train, church going, friend making, grammy dates, and happiness. Our Easter was wonderful and special. We were in Mississippi with Daniel's family and had just the best time. I think I will try to do a post on that this week, because I want to have it written to come back and reminisce on.

This weekend, the first of May, was as spectacular as they come. Friday night one of my nearest and dearest, Regina, came in from Houston and stayed with us. Its been a month since I last saw her and it was SO nice to catch up and have her stay the night. She was able to come to Dylan's tball game with us Saturday morning, which meant the world to Dylan. My kids love "GiGi" so much! She had to run her own errands during the day, so we split up after the game.

Our family went home and hung out for a few hours after the game and then my mom and nephews came over to spend the afternoon with us. We went to the park for a couple of hours. All of the kids had a blast. There was lots of climbing on trees, picture taking, and good ole park playing. Once we wore them out at the park, we headed home for some pasta and banana milk shakes! I was so impressed by my sweet nephew Wyatt for helping me in the kitchen. He is quite the cook! It has been a couple of months since I saw him and his brother, Trey. Just in that short time they have both grown up so much. They are sweet, sweet boys and I love them beyond measure. Dylan and London are over the moon crazy about them too! They are both big, big helpers with London. I can't wait until this summer to spend more time together.

Sundays are usually pretty routine for us, but we mixed it up a little today. After Sunday School, we went out to eat with some new(ish) friends rather than going to church. I felt a little bit bad for skipping church, but we really enjoyed hanging out with everyone. We also snuck in some time at the bookstore and park today too. Its been an fabulous weekend here at the Hilburn house!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment