Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sunshine on a Rainy Day

There are some days that pass by quickly and are full of productivity, laughter, fun, and excitement. And on those days, there is all of this positive energy that makes the day that much more fantastic.Its days like these where my house work is done with in a couple of hours, leaving the rest of the day to play with my kids with all that left over energy. On these kinds of days, I feel like Super Mom. Sometimes I even have enough energy to be an amazing wife when the hubby gets home.
Then, there are those days that creep by even slower than a snail on a huge street. The house seems to be a bigger mess than usual. Dishes seem to be reproducing in the sinks, some even overflowing onto the counter. The laundry room is so crammed full of clothes that I am convinced one of my neighbors must have thrown their family's laundry in there for me to do, because surely one family, my family, does not go through that many clothes in a week, which is when it hit me that... Oh shoot! Did I really go a week with out laundry!? No wonder the rooms about to explode (and no wonder I had so much time on my hands on those great and peppy days!) . *sigh* On those days, I am not super mom. I don't feel super at all. Sometimes I feel so drained that by six o'clock with the Hubby gets home, I tell him I'm done for the day. I had over the reigns to him and burry myself in my bed for the rest of the night. Great wife, huh?

So, yesterday... well, it was not a perky day. I was tired. The kids had more energy than usually (or maybe they didn't and it only seemed that way to me due to being so tired). My house was a di.sas.ter. It was gloomy and yuck outside. It was just icky. But about half way through the day, I looked up and Dylan was opening a box that had a Barbie doll in it for his little sister (it was a present from our grandparents a month or so ago, and I just hadn't opened it yet). I watched my sweet boy being so kind to his sister, and my day got a little brighter. At another point in the afternoon, London came over and wrapped her little arms around me for the biggest hug. Again, my gloomy day was brightened. Slowly my mood perked up some and I realized that my kids, they are my sunshine. They make sunny, beautiful days even brighter. They make icky and gloomy days glow with happiness and hope. I'm fairly certain that either of them could bring world peace with their smiles and laughter. :)
I sing "You are my Sunshine" to both Dylan and London fairly often, but last night when I was laying in bed with my restless toddler and softly singing her that song I really felt the words and meant it whole heartedly... You are my sunshine, my only sunshine,You make me happy when skies are gray, You'll never know dear how much I love you.




post signature

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment