Wednesday, July 11, 2012


I have to say, blogging everyday is not for me.
I have to drag myself to the keyboard.
But I set a goal, so here I am. And I really think it will be neat to look back in a year or more and have a window it what our day to day life was like, and hopefully the kids will like having this also.

Daniel woke up with the kid and spent the morning hanging out with them.
He didn't get home until about 11 last night, so they hadn't seen him since he left for work the day before. The long hours that are sometimes involved in his job stink, but I'm so grateful for the flexibility in when he can go into the office. He woke me up just in time to walk him to the door and send him off to work. What a good hubby, huh?

I made a smoothie (which is my usual breakfast) and took a few minutes to check in on all my social media sites and then got myself and the kids dressed for a bike ride. We met our neighbor-friends outside and they came with us. Its always more fun with friends!
On that note, Dylan is really has entered that phase of constantly wanting a friend to be with him.
I totally get it and can remember very well being that way myself. We do play with friends a lot, but I also want him to be content when its just our little family. We'll be working on that this summer.

After the bike ride, we had a pretty bland morning.
The kids played in their playrooms,
Dylan read two chapters in his book,
London and I watched the dance portion of "Dance Moms",
I cleaned up around the house,
rotated laundry (but didn't fold it... oops!),
had lunch and just bummed around.

Then my mom called and asked if she could come do a craft with the kids.
You don't get any better than that on the grandmother of the year front!

She brought over those beads that you make patterns with and then press with the iron.
I don't know what they are called, but I did them when I was a kid.
I've never done them with the littles before but they loved it and it was so, so, so good for their motor skills. We'll be doing that again, for sure!

When they finished their craft I laid both of them down for a nap.
My mom and I enjoyed some girl time for a bit before she headed home.
I joined the kids in la-la-land for a nap and we didn't wake up until 4:30!
By the way, its 10:30 and night and they are both still awake.
That's what happens when you take long, long naps late in the day.

By the time we got up from our nap, it was time to start thinking of dinner.
Right as I was starting to figure out what to cook, Daniel called to say he would be working late.
That's when I decided it was a pizza sort of night.

The kids and I grabbed pizza and took it over to our friend's house so we could swim too.
They swam for over an hour. You would think that would help them tire out for tonight, huh?

By the time we got home it was past 7:00.
During the school year my kids get in bed at 7:00.
Last summer I push back bedtime to 7:30.
This summer has been crazy, with them getting in bed at 9:00 or later.
Its been fun and we compensate with naps,
but I bet its going to be a bear getting them back on schedule come August.

For the rest of the night, the kids indulged in screen time. This means TV, Video Games, computer, phone games, or any entertainment that has a screen. My ideal day involves no more than a couple hours of screen time, but some days that's just not the case.

Tomorrow I have to fold and put away all that laundry and then we might hit up our local water park.

Happy Wednesday.

post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment