Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Saint Patty's Day!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
Like the warmth of the sun
And the light of the day,
May the luck of the Irish
shine bright on your way.
Our celebrations were kept simple and sweet this year.
Just a fun little dinner...
(I wish I had thought to do a little center piece... but I didn't!
So I made do with what we had on hand)
Ready for a little leprechaun magic?!
I used clear koolaid, so that the kids would think the water was magically flavored when it was poured into the cup and turned green (food dye at the bottom of the glass)
I love London's little face!
Green Chicken and Pesto Pasta!
And some Leprechaun's Rainbow Fizz for desert!
(AKA Rainbow Sherbet with 7up poured over)
Two things are clear in the photo below
1. The leprechauns did not use any of their magic to help a sister out with her looks today.
2. I have no pride once so ever OR I have lost my mind to post this photo of a makeup free and wet hair mamma.
On a side note, Dylan did not buy into any bit of the "Leprechaun Magic" I was dishing up. He especially didn't appreciate the "magical water". After dinner, he found the empty koolaid package and demanded the truth. I told him that he was right and there was no Leprechaun Magic and that Mommy was just trying to make the night extra fun. I'm afraid the Easter bunny and Santa might get busted this year too.
Hope everyone found a little moment of magic today!


post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment