Sunday, October 11, 2009

What a Wonderful Weekend and the State Fair!












Ahhhhh. There is nothing better than a great weekend. I mean, a great week is good, but a great weekend is the best! Mainly because the weekend involves more of my handsome hubby. Almost five years of marriage, I still can't get enough of that man! Okay, enough sappy crap stuff.

Friday night we came home and just enjoyed hanging out together, watching tv and eating popcorn. I love lazy nights on the couch! On Saturday, we took it easy the first half of the day and then we took the kids out for a special treat. First we went to Dylan's favorite place in the entire world, McDonald's. This is an extra special treat, because we NEVER go eat there. I just can't bring myself to eat the nastiness. But that day was all about the kids, so McGross it was. You would have thought we took him to Disney world, he was so excited. After we finished with that, we headed over into Dallas for the Texas State Fair!!

Both kids loved it. Dylan, of coarse, loved riding all of the rides and he also loved the petty zoo. We got to pet a baby giraffe, a GIRAFFE!!! Never in my life have I pet one of those! It was pretty cool. We also saw a baby joey in his momma's pouch. I think that was another first for me. London's favorite part was either the yummy food that she would normally not be allowed to eat, you should have seen her little eyes when I gave her a bite of cotton candy!, or else all of the pretty lights. She had a big time watching her brother do the rides. She would wave and cheer for him and get SOO excited. It was really cute. We rode one ride together as a family. I thought that London was going to love it, but she did not. She HATED it. It did go a little faster and higher than I had thought it would and she is still pretty small for rides. I hope I didn't traumatize her!

Here are some of Dylan's ride photos:





On Sunday, the kids slept in until 8:30!! London NEVER sleeps this late, so the fair must have really taken it out of her! haha! So, we missed our normal service for church, but we did catch the next one. After church we headed over to a local sandwich joint and had a yummy lunch. Then we took the kids to one of the pumpkin patches around here. I look forward to the pumpkin patch every year, but I was especially excited to to go this year as a family of four for the first time!! More to come on the pumpkin patch tomorrow!




Hope y'all have a good day.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment