Friday, October 16, 2009

Bosses Day and Birthdays.

Today is apparently Bosses Day, which I have thoughtfully been planning out for weeks now didn't think about until last night. I didn't have time to run to the store last night though, so I decided I would go gather a few goodies this morning and drop them off to Daniel over his lunch hour.

I didn't want anything over the top, because his office and two bosses are extremely laid back. Both bosses are avid coffee drinkers, so Starbucks sounded like the most logical gift. I didn't want to just send gift cards though, because I hate giving gift cards. I know a lot of people like them, they do make life easier, and I am probably one of the few people (other than your sweet old Grandma) that refuses to buy them as presents, but it just is what it is. So, I opted to do a little "Starbucks Basket." I got them each a bag of coffee grinds, a box of the new VIA instant coffee to try, some nice chocolates, and a travel mug. I thought our little packages turned out quite cute. I meant to snap a picture, bud didn't get to because I was doing everything last minute and running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

For the hubby's lunch break, we took our good friend and Danie's co-worker, Rob, out to lunch for his 30th birthday. We love Rob to pieces (although that probably not how Daniel would word it) and I was delighted to be able to spend his birthday with him. A bunch of our other friends/co-workers joined us and we had quite the lunch celebration!

Daniel isn't going to get off until 7 tonight, so that gives me a little more than 3 hours to bum around and not do much get a little house work done. Hope ya'll have a great weekend, and GEAUX TIGERS!!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment