Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of First Grade

Its official. My little man is a First Grader!
He was so excited about starting school, that he actually asked to go to bed Sunday night. And that's really something coming from a kid who is always asking for one more _____... whatever he can think of to get out of going to bed.

Lets talk first day now:

I always make a fun breakfast for the first day of school. Those who know me well, know how I love an excuse to celebrate. And going to first grade? That's a great excuse!
I saw these rainbow waffles on the web a few weeks ago and I instantly knew they were going to be part of our first day festivities. How cute are they?! The kids loved them.
We got dressed and headed out the door to....
TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!

Here is my little man ready for the first day!





THEN we headed to school.
For the first time since Dylan's been in school, and perhaps the last for the year, we were early enough to have to wait in the cafeteria. I was sorta impressed with us.






I have this same shot for every year that Dylan's been in school. Stay tuned for the "Over the Years" photos.





After about 10 minutes in the cafeteria, we were dismissed and sent to the classroom.
I remember the first day of Kindergarten, Dylan was so timid and unsure of what to do. This year, as a first grader, he was sure and confident. He didn't look to us for help, he simply did as he was told by his teacher. He gave us a quick kiss and was ready to start the day.
Mommy, on the other hand, was ready to take a seat in the corner and quietly watch for the rest of the day.









As seems to be our tradition, we took London to the park for some special time with Daddy and Mommy. We wanted to make the day fun and special for her too, because we know its an adjustment for her, just like for the rest of us.








I couldn't wait for Dyl to get home and tell me all about his day. He had a great time and so far, loves the first grade. He did note that its going to have "Hundreds of sheets of work" every day, but he's not discouraged about that! Here's to a great year for our sweet boy!

Dylan,
We are so very proud of you.
We know you are going to have an amazing time in the first grade and that you are going to learn and grow so much this year.
My prayer for you this year is that you will have lots of fun, make lots of friends, and learn lots of good stuff. And that above all, that you always feel how very loved you are.



Sunday night I sat down with Dylan and "interviewed" him about becoming a first grader, just like I did when her entered kindergarten. The answers were cute and pretty funny. I'll post that soon. Tomorrow is all about our princess starting ballet!

post signature

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment