Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Morning

Christmas Morning, Dylan woke up at 4:30 am and came to our room. I managed to open one eye wide enough to see the time and promptly instructed him to get in bed with Daniel and I to snuggle for at least another two hours. Luckily he went straight back to sleep. London woke up around 6:30 am and that's when we all got up. The kids were thrilled to find all of this waiting for them.

 T

I go overboard every year. I say I'm not going to every year. I do anyways.
This year may have been my worse case yet. They each had over 20 gifts. I know. But its so fun to shop for them and then even more fun to watch them open it all. 
 
Look at the pure joy...

 
It took a good hour to open everything. The kids would open about 5 gifts and then they would stop and want me, Daniel, and my mom to open a gift. We stopped for coffee a couple of times too. It has never taken more than 20 minutes to open gifts before, but I really loved that it took some time this year. It felt like we  could really savor the magical moment for longer.
 
They were so sweet and thankful. They were both saying "Thank You so much!" after almost every gift. London was so funny. After just about every present she would proclaim "Oh my goodness!!! It JUST what a I wanted!" There sweet hearts make mine very proud.
 
After presents we ate breakfast and we just hung out. It was perfection.
 
My mom made a big pot of her vegetable soup, which is my favorite. I was so thankful for the yummy food and that I didn't have to cook at all that day.
 


post signature
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Carla, I love your blog. The colors are wonderful and perky. The pictures of your family show such love in your family. I don't know how you do all of this, but I think you are wonderful! Love!! Aunt Dean

    ReplyDelete