Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy 8th Birthday

This little boy turned eight years old today.


Dylan,
Eight years ago today a nurse handed me a brand new baby boy. I looked into your bright blue eyes and I knew in that moment that I had found a love that was bigger and deeper than I could have ever possibly dreamt of. From the very first day of being your mommy, I have loved you with my whole heart and yet each year I feel as though I'm even more in love with you.

You have the sweetest spirit of anyone I know, Dylan. You are kind and gentle and full of love. You are a ray of sunshine to everyone around you. I'm so proud of the little boy you've become. I love your imagination. You create the most elaborate stories and either act them out or write them down all of the time.You are not afraid to be a leader rather than a follower. When your friends want to do something and you don't, your not one to say "Okay!" just because. You are so, so funny. Your wittiness gets sharper everyday. And you are so self motivated. This past year, you really set a goal for your self with reading. You decided that you really, really wanted to read chapter books. This time last year, you were reading picture books. Over the summer not only did you read chapter books, you read an entire series! In fact, almost two entire series. I'm not sure you were as impressed with yourself as you should have been!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that your are just an all around great kid, Buddy, and  I'm so thankful that I get to be your Mommy. Seven was a good year for you, but I have a feeling Eight could be even better! I love you as big as the sky.

Forever and Always,
Mommy

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment