Monday, September 10, 2012

Dylan's Birthday Party - Old Fashion Fun

On Saturday we had a birthday party for Dylan.


The theme was "God Old Fashion Fun"
We went back to the basics...
Balloons, cake, ice cream, games and friends. 
No over the top decor, nothing elaborate. 
It was perfect and the kids all had so much fun!

Here's the invite:
The message read:
Remember how it was before?
Parks, Balloons, and Games Galore?
Simple, Retro is the Way
Just good friends and lots of play!

We hope you can join us to celebrate Dylan's 8th birthday! 



I wanted the cake table to be super simple, but bright and fun...
 
 
This is the first time that I've ever tried to make a cake for a birthday party.
I was pretty please with the way it turned out. However, on the park it cracked in two places... boo!
Sadly, I didn't have a before picture.
 


Daniel always plans the games for our parties.

This year with "Old Fashion Fun" as our theme, he did some old playground favorites.
We started the party with kick ball. I'm pretty sure the boys could have all played this game the whole time of the party. The girls on the other hand, wanted pretty much nothing to do with it.

 

 
Usually, we would do cake and ice cream at the end of a party. But this year our party didn't end until 8pm and we didn't want to feed kids sugar that late in the evening. Instead we stopped for cake and ice cream at the top of the party.
 
 
 
This cake was huge. IT was four boxes of cake and six cans of frosting. I thought we would have a tun left. WRONG! it was almost all gone.
 
We played a few more games after we served cake.
I don't have a lot of pictures that I can share from the games,  because I don't post picture of other people's kids on here. Daniel did a great job with the games though.
We played Red Rover Red Rover, Freeze Tag, and Fishy Fishy Cross My Ocean.

Red Rover was a definite favorite. I was so tickled though because NONE of the kids knew what the game was or how to play. Once they got the drift of it, they all had a great time.
 


There were at least 60 people at this party. I was running around like a crazy woman and didn't get nearly as many pictures as I would have liked. Mainly I wish I would have taken more pictures of the sweet details of the party, like this precious banner my mom made for Dylan. 

All in all, it was another great party.
I hope Dylan will have amazing memories of it as he grows up.

After the party, we let 4 of Dylan's best friends spend the night.

This was his first time to have a sleepover here at the house (he's been to two so far).
The boys were all so fun and sweet. 

Until Next Year...





post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment