Monday, June 25, 2012

Vacation Bible School

We officially have another year of VBS under our belt. This was our 3rd VBS at our church and my 2nd year of being a director. I really had no idea how much work goes into pulling off a successful week of VBS until directing. I have a whole new level of appreciation for Children's Ministers everywhere.

All our hard work paid off and all of the kids had a great time.

Our theme this year was Operation Overboard!

 
Dylan said his favorite rotation was "Bible Story." In this class the teachers and youth helpers acted out the story of the day. He said he loved to watch the acting and also loved that they had big plush pillows to set on!
 
He also loved Science, which I have no good pictures of.



This is London's last year to be in the nursery during VBS.
I was so worried that she would hate being in the nursery, because all of her little friends happen to be a year older and got to go to a class this year. But she had the sweetest "teacher" in the nursery who made it so fun for the little ones. She had a great week and never seemed to mind not being in a "big class."
 
They even took the 3 year olds outside to get snow cones everyday! 
 
My favorite part of everyday is the assembly. I love watching all the kids sing and dance. London was especially fun to watch this year. She was SO into it.
 
 


Our decorating team did a phenomenal job!
The stage was my favorite. 
 


Love this picture of Dylan. His class was called the "Dynamic Dolphins".
 
I tried to go with Dylan to each of his rotations at least once during the week.
It was hard to do because I was so busy doing behind the scenes stuff.
By the time Friday came, I still hadn't been to Music or Rec and Snack.
Dylan told me I HAD to come had to Rec and Snack so that I could have a snow cone with him.
So that was my top priority that day.

I'm so glad I got the chance to watch.
I was so proud of what a good sport my little man is.
He had the best attitude, win or loose.
He's just the best.
 
 
 
The Sunday after VBS, our church always puts host a performance and picnic for all the kids and their families. I think this is such a fun way to wrap up the week and a great way to visit with families in our community. Both kids sang their songs from the week and then Dylan had a speaking part. He did an excellent job. My kids love the stage.
 Wonder where they got that from?
 
 


All of the work that goes into putting VBS on is always totally worth it,
but I must admit I'm glad that its over.
Its so nice to be back into our relaxed summer schedule with no real commitments.
That being said, the kids can't wait to do it again next year! 

 


post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment