Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Super Kid

Dylan,

You are six years old today. To say that time has flown by is an understatement. When I look back at picture of the day you were born I can remember every little detail, from the first time I saw you to how amazingly delicious my first sip of Diet Coke was, after months of giving it up while being pregnant with you!

The day you were born, we became a family. You taught Daddy and I everything about love. You were such a ray of sunshine to our whole family, and you still are. You have always had the sweetest spirit of anyone I've ever known. Even as a baby, you were so calm and sweet. I think the Lord knew you were exactly what our life needed. You made me into the person I am today. I am a million times better for having been given the privilege of being your Mommy. You make me smile every single day.

Five was a great year for you, little buddy. You have just bloomed from the inside out this past year. We saw you transition from a toddler into a little kid, and you did it beautifully! You've made lots of new friends and learned so very much. There have been lots of first this year. Your first team sport was Tball. You loved it and did very well at it. You also tried Karate for the first time. Your first school graduation was Preschool and Mommy's heart was so full of pride that I thought it would burst. Your first summer sports camp, and first Vacation Bible School were also this summer. A big one is that you swam mostly with out floaties for the first time all summer! Your first year of "big school" has just started and already brought so many first, from riding the bus to buying a school lunch. You have grown leaps and bounds in the past year, physically, mentally, and emotionally. We are so proud of you.

As I tucked you in last night, you told me to "hug five good bye!". I gave you the biggest hug and tucked you in. This morning, I hugged six hello! You have quite a big year, full of fun and happiness, ahead of you my sweet boy! Six is going to be your favorite year yet! I can't wait to watch you grow even more. I love you more and more each and every day. Every year is even better than the last, even though I never think it can get any better... it always does. Daddy, London, and I love you with all our hearts, our sweet, sweet boy!

Happy sixth birthday, Dylan!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment