Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to the Love of My Life

My hansom hubby had his 25th birthday this weekend.
The most exciting part? He had the weekend off. The whole weekend. After 3 months of 72+ hours a week, you have no idea how happy we were to have the whole weekend with him!

We spent his birthday just hanging out and loving on our babes.
Daniel took Dylan to Lowe's for the Build and Grow program that they have. Dylan was beside himself with excitement that Daniel was going to be taking him instead of his Mommy. Woodwork is not my thing. Throw me some feathers and glitter... that's what kind of creativity I'm all about! haha! They had a blast and built a little school bus.


My mom took us to lunch for sushi, which is Daniel's favorite food. Then we all came back to our house to relax and visit. I cooked one of the Hubby's favorite meals and we gave him his birthday cake. I wanted to do a "grown up flavor", like chocolate with peanut butter swirls, topped with peanut butter frosting. I saw the recipe somewhere and it looked amazing, and right up our alley. But Dylan thought Daniel would love a confetti cake with yellow icing MUCH better. And you know what? Daniel LOVED the cake that Dylan hand picked and designed just for him. I even let Dylan tell me what to write on the cake. It read "Super Daddy. Happy 25th Birthday." Daniel really is Super Daddy in our eyes. We are at the end of this crazy project, and can't wait to spend more time with him at home with us!


After dinner we took my mom home and hung out with her for a couple hours more. We had great conversation and a yummy evening snack of canolies, another favorite of Daniel's. We watched the kids play outside and had a great time.

This year's birthday was super laid back, just they way Daniel said he wanted it. I'm a big party kind of girl, but I am so glad I listened to him and that we just enjoyed our family all day long. Not that last year's big birthday bash was not a blast, because it was! But this is just what we needed and wanted this year! Next year? Who knows!


Daniel, Happy Birthday! Thank you for being my best friend and my world. I love you more than I'll ever be able to tell you. Thank you for choosing me to spend your life with! Happy 25th! I can't wait for the next 50!

Posted by PicasaPosted by Picasapost signature

No comments:

Post a Comment