Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Mardigras!

Happy Mardi Gras!

Growing up in Mississippi, Mardi Gras was a holiday that most everyone celebrated, or at least recognized. My parents are both for South Mississippi and both lived many years in Louisiana, where Mardi Gras is a HUGE a holiday, so it was celebrated in our house.
Now that we live in Texas, I am SHOCKED by how many people have never even heard of King Cake (a staple of Mardi Gras). I tried to make one for my Sunday School class, but it was a bit of a flop. It is the thought that counts though, right!?



I wanted Dylan and London to get to celebrate the holiday though, so I asked Dylan's teacher if my mom and I could come in and share some about it. So yesterday, we headed to Dylan's school with London in tow and my mom read a book about Mardi Gras to the kids while I helped them make mask. All of the kids loved it and Dylan was SO excited to have us there.



London came with us and I think she was just as excited as Dylan. She loves going to "Bubba's School". She is all but counting the days until he gets to go to school to.

I do hope that one year we can take our kids to Louisiana and let them really experience Mardi Gras (not in New Orleans though!), but I think for now we are making fun memories that will hopefully last forever.



post signature

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment