Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Halloween 2012

This may have been my favorite Halloween ever.

The kids are at such fun ages.
They get so excited about holidays that it makes me even giddier than usual.
I love holidays so much that sometimes I over do to the point of making them less enjoyable. This year we kept it relatively simple and it was really just perfection.  I don't remember  feeling stressed at all, which I think is huge! There may be a lesson to be learned there!

Back to Halloween.

This year, after lots and lots and lots of discussion the kids settled on Batman and Robin. I was THRILLED that they agreed to be a duo. I love for their costumes to go together. Last year, they wanted to be completely different things, and Daniel convinced me to be okay with it, but it so much more fun when the coordinate!!!



Also, this was the first year that London had a school party of her own! Parents didn't stay, but I did get lots of pictures when I dropped her off. She was so excited and so cute. The best part was that her teacher was Batman!! How fun is that!?
 
Dylan's school doesn't do Halloween parties, but they do other fun things to make the day special. Of course all the kids got to wear their costumes to school.  Then after lunch they went to the gym, which was decorated so cute, during their specials time and had free time to either dance or play at all sorts of different stations. I took lunch to Dylan. It was fun to visit with him and see all of his friends dressed up.
 

In the evening, we headed over to a cuddle sack
party with a lot of our friends.
 It was complete perfection.
 Yummy food. Friends. Laughter. Cake Walks.
What more can you ask for?



We sneaked out early to go back to our neighborhood to trick or treat. 
We went with our sweet friends next door.  



I'm obsessed with this picture.
 
As usual, Grammy came over and handed out candy while we trick or treated.
I'm so glad she's always part of our Halloween night.  
 
We literally had to stop trick or treating because the kids couldn't fit anymore candy into their buckets. I've never seen so much candy on Halloween night. It was crazy!


I'm a little crazy about sugar intake with the kids, so they by no means got to enjoy ALL of it. But I did surprise myself with how laid back I was with letting them enjoy some of it. 


I'm still smiling, remembering that night. 


post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment